Monday, February 15, 2010

A rant, and an update, but mostly a rant!

hi all,
this post was meant to be a nice somery of the weekend me and paul had, but it's that and a rant now, unfortunately!
On thurrsday me and paul went for a few drinks to a pub in town we always go to, and it was nice, nothing eventful happened, on that day anyway! Friday, we met up with a friend, and i got a little drunk and left a bag behind me with some clothes in, this was a little inconvenient, but i managed to get around it haha! Then on Saturday we went down to carlow for a friend's birthday, and i have to say, a very good night was had by all! Then yesterday we went for food when we got back to dublin, then i just waited with paul till he got his bus, and yes, i did get the bag back, for all people wondering how that story ended!
The trouble started, then, when i came back, and was just telling those at home of how the weekend went, and that i had left the bag behind, it was meant to be funny, not be the cause of a huge drama! i was told we should keep our whits about us at all times, we, being a collective we, as in, all blind peple! i would really appreciate comments via twitter or however you want to give feedback, but please tell me that i'm right in thinking, that anyone, no matter what their disability, is, and should, be able to go out and get drunk if they want, and isn't a sighted or fully able boddied person as likely to leave something behind in a pub after a few drinks?
also today, i wanted to register with fas, just to see if i could find a few hours work, and now it looks like i can't go because there's noone to bring me! I would go myself, but unfortunately have no money for taxis, so i'm depending on other people, god i hate that!
Lastly, remember just a few days ago, i wrote about what a wonderful time i had in cork? Well(and this is my decision before anyone thinks it isn't), i have to move out, and have some sort of stable activity that i'm doing, work, a course, for example, in order for this second match to work, but i can't even tell my parents that i need or want to move out, and why? because they think it's an outragious idea that i would move out, say for example, into a house share, because that's not being independent, so i'm stuck here, because i can't find a job, so i can't have the mobility aid of my choice then, just because they think it's ridiculous that i would want to move out!
thoughts on anything i've written here are welcome, Till next time people...

3 comments:

  1. I think your parents are being very unfair on you!!!!! Sorry for saying that, but everyone is intitled to get drunk, and have a good time, even if that means leaving a few things behind!!!!!

    I don't understand the house situation. I know you want to be more independent, but could you not live in a house share for a little while? Just until you get things sorted? It is a big responsibility for you to take on a house on your own at such a young age!!!!! Not giving you a lecture or anything by the way. Are your parents okay with you sharing a house?

    I'm sure you will find something. Do you not have something like a door to door scheme? Here we have it and it's for people with disabilities. You pay 1 pound 50 per journey, and it's £3 to go somewhere and back. Maybe have a look and see if there are any sort of those schemes in your area? Or could the placement not pay for taxis?

    Take care, and sorry if this post seems a bit cheeky. Xxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, welcome to my world Kerie. LOL. Well the drunken bit and leaving stuff behind is me all over! I got drunk once and ended up at a house party, I just texted my mum to say I wouldn't be home til the morning as I was partying. It was one of my brothers friends but it may as well of been a stranger. I kicked up a big riot when she started telling me off. I am 27 and still live with my parents. It's very hard at times and I'm now on the waiting list for a dog, I want out of here! but I think my mum and I get on a bit better now that I've pointed out more than once, or a million times that I am an adult and she isn't always going to be here for me. It is better that I become independent now rather than be stuck if anything ever happen to my parents or they get too old to look after me. Then it would be me looking after them and I'd of wasted my whole life without having my own freedom like they had when they were my age. I know I have other health issues, but then I know others who are in worse situations but get on just fine on their own.
    I think my arguement about my parents getting old and the rolls being reversed are a very good one Kerie. Your parents have to understand that you need to experience the things and the freedom they did at your age despite your disability. Remind them that things can be put in place to help you with everyday living including security.

    With a talent like yours Kerie I think you will go far but you need to get out there and show everyone what you have got. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    XOX
    Julie Graham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I follow you on Twitter and wanted to reply to your tweet about Scala in London - but you wouldn't see what I say without following me! So I thought I'd post it here. Yes, Scala is a music venue in the Kings Cross area. If you get the tube to Kings Cross you'd head left through some rather of London's more salubrious areas! If you stick on the same side of the road as Kings Cross, then Scala is on the opposite side of the road and, if I recall, has it's name in letters up the front of the building. It's a pretty cool venue. I saw an awesome very low-fi band called Hood there, and post-rock band Godspeed! You Black Emperor. Hope this helps, Giles.

    ReplyDelete